You are on the move and looking for a companion solution to help you settle down or stay in London or the surrounding area of England. This article offers services designed to organize efficiently and calmly your business stay, your relocation or your return from expatriation…
Expatriates in London: living in London, going abroad London, professional change
Here is some of the basic information you need to know before you live abroad in London:
London Identity Card
- Country: United Kingdom
- The Nation: England
- Region: Greater London
- The Official Name: London capital of England
- Member for London, Londoner
- Languages: English
- The area: 1,580 km2
- Density: 4,748 inhabitants / km2
- Demographics: 7.82 million inhabitants
- Population Greater London County: 7.5 million (2007)
- Life expectancy: (M / F): 79.5 years / 83.5 years (2011)
- Unemployment Rate: 5.2% (youth unemployment rate: 16.9%) (2015)
- The Migration Rate: + 2.18% (per 1,000 inhabitants) (2005)
- Tourism: 24 million visitors a year.
- Currency: pound sterling – symbol: £.
- The Mayor: Sadiq Khan since May 9, 2016
- The Political Regime: Party in Power – Conservative Party
- National Day: St. George’s Day (April 23).
Moving to London: tips and practical information for a successful move to London
For the success of a move to London, the expatriate is the most anxious to have all or some of his furniture that he needs moved to his new place of residence. This is to ensure the services of a professional mover and to envisage if necessary a storage room or self-storage.
Good mobility issues to ask
Do not forget to learn about your new environment and ask yourself the right questions:
What is the taxation of an expatriate living in London?
What is the atmosphere of the city is it good to live there for an expatriate?
London is cosmopolitan?
– Is there a good local medical infrastructure and sufficient health security in the country?
– Are there local international schools for expatriate children?
– Is there a dynamic local economic market for an expat spouse looking for a job?
Are there geopolitical risks in the country?
– Are there local expatriate communities from my country?
– Which international moving company to choose for your mobility from London … to Paris?
– Who pays for the installation costs of the expatriate and his family in London?
– Does the spouse have the opportunity to work in London?